UPDATE: Positions Filled (thanks to all who responded).
SecurLinx is seeking applicants to fulfill part time Software Engineering positions to perform software development duties for MS Windows-based desktop and web products at its corporate headquarters in Morgantown, West Virginia.
We envision a transition to full-time employment as a distinct possibility.
The qualified applicant will be an innovative, self-directed individual who is able to not only revise existing code but also take written and verbal specifications to a finished product. The successful candidate will posses intermediate to advanced English speaking and reading skills, a good understanding of Visual Basic development techniques for both Windows and Web, familiarity with database development practice and theory and experience in iterative software development. The successful candidate will be provided desk space, a computer, and all required software tools to perform development tasks. Office space, task assignments, and technical management will be provided at the SecurLinx corporate headquarters in Morgantown West Virginia.
Candidates who have the required skills are encouraged to apply through hr(at)securlinx.com.
• Visual Studio 2005 / Visual Basic or C# .Net Framework v2.0
• Both MS Web and Windows Application development experience
• ASP.Net with VB code behind
• RDBMS experience, ODBC / ADO / SQL Client DB development,
• Familiarity with SQL queries utilizing joins and foreign / primary keys
• Familiarity with DB Design, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Table Indexes
Preferred Experience in:
• Designing and developing SQL Server 2000/2005 DB entities
• Data migration and analysis toolsets (i.e. Red Gate SQL Compare)
• Object Oriented Programming
• Familiarity with UML and Use Case analysis
Desired Additional Experience:
• Visual Studio 2008 / .Net Framework v3.0/3.5
• Mobile device development including Windows CE and Blackberry Operating Systems